The company has more than 25 years of experience and expertise in the card-processing business. It was created in 1989 following a decision by Cyprus’ two major banking institutions to collaborate for the purpose of administering the processing and settlement of card transactions. Today, JCC's primary role is to provide high quality financial and data infrastructure services to the banking and commercial community in Cyprus. It is a self-sustained company seeking to create value both for its shareholders and for the community it operates in.
- Bank of Cyprus: 75%
- Consortium: 25%*
* (Hellenic Bank, National Bank of Greece (Cyprus), Piraeus Bank, Alpha Bank)
At present, JCC also provides acquiring services to the following institutions: Cooperative Central Bank, Emporiki Bank, Societe Generale, usbbank, cdbbank, EuroBank and RCB Bank.
To be the trusted partner of banks, merchants and consumers, providing them with consistently superior payment services and value added products through a strong commitment to people and technology
- Fairness and equitability towards all parties in the payments chain
- Utmost respect towards customers and stakeholders
- Adaptability that enables the adoption of state of the art technology and the implementation of new ideas
- Professionalism of the highest standard
- Achievement culture and commitment to work
- Strong work ethic
- Respect for group and individual contributors
- Continuous improvement
Financial Action Task Force (FATF):
- Cyprus is a member of FATF and all recommendations are coming through the Central Bank of Cyprus. JCC monitors the FATF list.
Facts and Figures:
- The company acts as a card acquirer on its own behalf for Visa, MasterCard and Diners and as an acquiring processor for American Express cards.
- EMV certified by Visa and MasterCard.
- More than 85,000 transactions/day (peaks up to 250,000 tr/day).
- Over 20,000 card acceptance points on the island.
- 100% of transactions handled electronically.
- Multi-currency acquiring: in payment currency and settlement currency.
- Employees: 91.
- Card acquiring in Cyprus, (2016): €3,4 bn.
- Card volumes abroad through JCC (2016): €1,4 bn.
Supervisory Authority: Central Bank of Cyprus
Operating License as a Payment Institution: 188.8.131.52