Board of Directors and company ownership
At a glance
JCC’s shareholders appoint the members of the Board of Directors. The Board consists of the Chairman, and another four directors. All the members of the Board of Directors are independent of the company’s shareholders and they are all non-executives.
Main roles and responsibilities
The Board of Directors’ main roles and responsibilities involve making decisions about the following:
- the objectives and strategic policy of the company
- its annual budget and business plan
- significant capital expenditures, as set out by the Board of Directors
- adopting and enforcing any changes in accounting principles
- selecting, appointing and terminating the services of the company’s General Manager
- approving the company’s risk appetite
JCC is fully owned by local commercial banks in Cyprus. Bank of Cyprus Public Co Ltd has a controlling interest. JCC’s other shareholders are: Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd, Alpha Bank Cyprus Ltd, National Bank of Greece (Cyprus) Ltd and AstroBank Ltd.